Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Bread Recipe

I guess the picture of the bread I shared a while back made some people hungry. So I decided to share my recipe with you. I found the recipe in a cooking magazine years ago. My kids love this bread toasted in the morning. Great flavor and easy (if I can make it, anyone can)! Enjoy.

5 Cups all-purpose flour
2 Packages yeast
1 TBS sugar
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 Cups warm milk
1/2 Cup warm water
2 TBS cornmeal

Mix 2 cups of flour, yeast, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Add warm milk and warm water, beat on low until mixed. Beat on high for about 3 minutes. Stir in remaining flour.
Coat 2 loaf pans 4x8 with nonstick cooking spray then sprinkle the pans with cornmeal. Put half of the dough into each pan sprinkle the tops with cornmeal. Cover and let rise in a warm place until the dough doubles in size (about 45 minutes). Bake at 375 for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove bread from pans and let cool on a wire rack.

No comments: