Friday, August 29, 2008
Thursday, August 28, 2008
One of our favorite places to hike around here is Multnomah Falls. These pix were taken last September when my Dad came with me & the kids. I can't believe it was a year ago already, time really does fly! We hiked to the top and had lunch up there. What a great day!
Monday, August 25, 2008
- Registration for Junior High.
- Turning 12.
- Her first cell phone.
- Swimming with friends.
- Shopping with me all day on her birthday.
- Shoe shopping with Grandma(Thanks Grandma)!
- Family BBQ.
- LPGA tournament tickets.
Spencer's week was pretty full too! Here are his favorites.
- Swimming with friends.
- Finding out who his teacher is for this year.
- A swimming birthday party for one of his buddies from school.
- Sister's birthday (that means his is next)!
- Family BBQ.
- Hanging out with Papa.
- Shopping with Grandma (Thanks Grandma)!
- His first real skateboard!
On top of all of this excitement, G got the kids an air hockey table for their birthdays. It really is cool except for the fact that it is too big to fit in the house so it's in the garage (my truck is very sad). But, I know it will get a lot of use.
The excitement of my week was interviewing for a job at Spencer's school. I haven't heard if I got it or not yet so I am a bit on edge right now. I am also still waiting to see if I made the Design Team for Creativexpress. I sent in my work at the end of last month so I hopefully will hear something soon.
I have been working to get my article done for Shoestring Scrappin. The article shows just how much paper crafting you can do for $20. My busy week has not allowed time for much scrappin. Hopefully I will have more to post this week.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Monday, August 18, 2008
So why does my husband rock? There are many reasons but he proved it once again on the drive home after dinner. The sunset was so amazing, the whole sky was pink. I wanted a picture. But, since we've been married so long I knew there was no way he would stop so I could take a picture. So, while he was driving I got my camera out and started rolling the window down for my picture on the go (nothing out of the ordinary). I was waiting for us to go past some trees & what does he do? He pulls the truck into a viewpoint & stops. At this point in time I'm totally confused. I looked over at him and gave him the "what the heck?" look. Then I quickly jumped out of the truck to get a few pictures before he could change his mind! I would have taken a few more but I didn't want to push my luck, or have him take off & leave me stranded (he wouldn't really do that, but stopping for me to take a picture was totally out of the ordinary so I wasn't sure). He has never understood my obsession with taking pictures and he has never actually stopped a moving vehicle to let me get out and take a picture. That little act made me so happy (after I got over the state of confusion) & he did it just for me! G, you rock~
Friday, August 15, 2008
1. My website launched on Tuesday. If you haven't heard what I have been up to, go check it out. http://shoestringscrappin.com/
2. Wednesday morning my friend Summer called to see if the kids & I were busy. She thought maybe we could go to a pool and swim. What perfect timing & a perfect idea. I had been feeling like the kids were being left out because I had been spending so much time on the computer getting Shoestring up and going. So we jumped on the idea, picked them up & found a pool. It was a beautiful day & we had fun with our friends. Just the little adventure we needed. Thanks Summer!
3. The Clackamas County Fair is going on right now & my parents usually take the kids every year. This year my Mom decided to stay behind, so my Dad asked if I would go with him & help with the kids. I was so excited. I LOVE the fair. The animals, the booths, the entertainment, the people watching, the food, I love all of it. We went early because the weather report was calling for HOT, HOT, HOT. I think the weather report kept the crowds down because it wasn't very crowded. In the shade, it was actually comfortable with a small breeze. We saw all the animals, the exhibits we were interested in & meet up with my Aunt, my Uncle & my Cousin. We also got to hang out with the daughter of our friends. She was showing a pig this year for the first time. She had some free time while we were there so she got to hang out with us. She is a really sweet kid & I am so proud of her & her pig!
Lexi found these snakes cool, not that she wants one, they were just neat to see up close! Me, I'm not so fond of them. They even give me the chills when I see them on TV (& I know they can't get me though the TV screen).
For almost a year now Spencer has been totally into goats. He calls every goat he sees "Goaty" & right now his ambition in life is to become a goat farmer (but he still says he's NEVER getting married). That's ok, not every farmer wants a wife (yes I did watch that show).
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
So in the mean time I wanted to show you something fun. I talked about wordle a few days ago. Lexi & her friend actually played on it last week & created a cute page describing all the things they did together that day. So I wanted to show you the one I did for scrapbooking. I put it on my new web site, can't wait to show you! Oh, what am I thinking I can show you now cuz it's up and running! WOW, all that work & I almost didn't give you the link. I won't tell you any more about it here just pretty please with sugar on top, go see my new adventure! And if your not a scrapper or paper crafter but have friends who are, would you pass the word on to them! Might just be what they are looking for!
Monday, August 11, 2008
This started as one of those boring looking composition books. I have altered them before to give as gifts but this one was little! It is only 4 1/2 inches x 3 1/2 inches. So adorable & the perfect size to throw in my purse for those "I just had a great idea" moments. And the best part of this project was, I was able to use just scraps because of it's smaller size.
This one is a constant reminder to relax (especially this week with all the web site excitement I'm feeling). I bought the wood word a few years back & just knew I would find something to do with it. This was so easy because the word was already painted that color. Super simple & cute!
So I have a few other items I'm playing with today. I'll show you when I get finished! Have a great day & thanks for coming by!
Sunday, August 10, 2008
First of all, our family (especially Spencer) is totally into the Olympics right now. Spencer was so into the opening ceremonies, it was great! He's not so into watching every event, all day but he was awake for almost the entire opening ceremony (it ended at midnight).
Second, for the last few months at my house we have been having discussions about what words are real and what words are not. G can't figure out why I use the word hugest. It's my cross between huge & biggest. Ok, so it's probably not a real word but I use it sometimes anyway. Spencer's newest word (borrowed from Sis) is ginormous. I think it is his cross between gigantic & enormous. Hey, works for me! So, these two stories are joined now. G & I were watching the Olympics after the kids went to bed last night and one of the announcers used Spencer's word. Spencer was so excited when we told him about it this morning. "See I told you it was a real word. They used it on the Olympics didn't they? That makes it a real word."
So now onto my ginormous news. I kinda hinted bout being up to something new. So my new adventure is a new web site! I am so excited that I have been giddy all day. But, I first have to say this was G's idea! Well, he named it, got me hooked up with a domain name, put me on the right web site to build it, & was excited when I was excieted! Gotta love my guy! He is the best. As soon as it is online, I will post my link & tell the rest of the story.
For now, no pix to share cuz I'm on G's computer and I need to get to makin dinner.
Friday, August 8, 2008
So, instead of sounding whiny & "oh poor me" I am letting you know that I will be creating all day & working on a new idea. When I get more of it figured out, I will let you all know what I am working on. For now, you can just sit and wonder (hehe)!
No pictures to share today because I hope to have a slide show added to my blog this weekend.
Have a great weekend!