Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

My Husband Rocks!

Saturday night we went to a celebration dinner at Multnomah Falls. It was a beautiful, hot day in town but the further we traveled into the Gorge , the more comfortable it became. We had a great dinner with my whole family for my parent's anniversary. Seriously, we all live close enough to do this more often, but we are all pretty busy. When we do have a chance to get together it's always a memorable time. And, my parent's anniversary was a great excuse to get together! The food was great, the falls were gorgeous (no surprise there), and we all got to catch up.

















So why does my husband rock? There are many reasons but he proved it once again on the drive home after dinner. The sunset was so amazing, the whole sky was pink. I wanted a picture. But, since we've been married so long I knew there was no way he would stop so I could take a picture. So, while he was driving I got my camera out and started rolling the window down for my picture on the go (nothing out of the ordinary). I was waiting for us to go past some trees & what does he do? He pulls the truck into a viewpoint & stops. At this point in time I'm totally confused. I looked over at him and gave him the "what the heck?" look. Then I quickly jumped out of the truck to get a few pictures before he could change his mind! I would have taken a few more but I didn't want to push my luck, or have him take off & leave me stranded (he wouldn't really do that, but stopping for me to take a picture was totally out of the ordinary so I wasn't sure). He has never understood my obsession with taking pictures and he has never actually stopped a moving vehicle to let me get out and take a picture. That little act made me so happy (after I got over the state of confusion) & he did it just for me! G, you rock~




2 comments:

ang said...

Okay, I'm officially a stalker! Hope you don't mind if I share you with the rest of my world :o) I love that we can catch up like this, blogs rule! Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks at Blue Lake. It's been too long!

Shannon Buck - www.stampinbuds.com said...

I love seeing you out on the web...I'll probably see you more here than I do out in the yard. Ha ha! That's awful, isn't it?

I just had a chance to check out your website and blog...LOVE IT! I'm home in bed with a pinched nerve in my neck so I'm able to surf the web 'til my hearts content...or my neck needs a rest, whichever comes first. I'm sure I'll be a blog stalker too...hope you don't mind. ;)

Keep up the great work!