Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

A Busy Week!

I can't believe it's Friday already. Where did the week go? Looking back on the week three major events stand out in my mind.
1. My website launched on Tuesday. If you haven't heard what I have been up to, go check it out. http://shoestringscrappin.com/
2. Wednesday morning my friend Summer called to see if the kids & I were busy. She thought maybe we could go to a pool and swim. What perfect timing & a perfect idea. I had been feeling like the kids were being left out because I had been spending so much time on the computer getting Shoestring up and going. So we jumped on the idea, picked them up & found a pool. It was a beautiful day & we had fun with our friends. Just the little adventure we needed. Thanks Summer!
3. The Clackamas County Fair is going on right now & my parents usually take the kids every year. This year my Mom decided to stay behind, so my Dad asked if I would go with him & help with the kids. I was so excited. I LOVE the fair. The animals, the booths, the entertainment, the people watching, the food, I love all of it. We went early because the weather report was calling for HOT, HOT, HOT. I think the weather report kept the crowds down because it wasn't very crowded. In the shade, it was actually comfortable with a small breeze. We saw all the animals, the exhibits we were interested in & meet up with my Aunt, my Uncle & my Cousin. We also got to hang out with the daughter of our friends. She was showing a pig this year for the first time. She had some free time while we were there so she got to hang out with us. She is a really sweet kid & I am so proud of her & her pig!







Lexi found these snakes cool, not that she wants one, they were just neat to see up close! Me, I'm not so fond of them. They even give me the chills when I see them on TV (& I know they can't get me though the TV screen).









For almost a year now Spencer has been totally into goats. He calls every goat he sees "Goaty" & right now his ambition in life is to become a goat farmer (but he still says he's NEVER getting married). That's ok, not every farmer wants a wife (yes I did watch that show).

No comments: