Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Bad Blogger!

Really? It's been since April since I last shared about my life? Maybe that's because we have been so busy living life & chasing our kiddos all over the place that some days I forget who my husband is & sometimes it's so bad I forget where I live:) Life with two busy, active, fun loving, athletic kiddos has us spinning in circles some seasons! Spring is one of those seasons! So here's the main points of our spring 2012, in photos!


The end of hockey season was a sad day! Not only did our Winterhawks lose just shy of a ticket to the Memorial Cup, but we also are going to miss going to the games & cheering on our boys! Sis is friends with some of the guys on Facebook & we follow them on Instagram & Twitter. They are all back in their home states (or countries) now & we are counting down the days until the next season!

In May I accomplished a huge goal in my life! I made it to the summit of Mt. Hood! This had been a goal of mine for quite some time because I was the only one in my family who had not been to the top. Last year my brother took me up to Mt. Adams but we did not summit. I saw that climb as my pre-climb because it wasn't the one that really counted in my heart! But months of training and the best mountain guide (my brother)& my own determination got me to the top! It was absolutely amazing & I am so excited & proud of myself!

Sis's last club volleyball tournament was in Seattle & what an awesome place to finish a great season! Instead of staying in a hotel, this trip we got to stay with Allison & Derek (G's cousin & her husband). They live just 2 1/2 miles from the UW campus where she played! So it was convenient & fun! They took us out sightseeing & Derek even made Sis breakfast fit for a tournament day every morning! Love those two!

Sis & her friend Megan @ their last tournament. Those girls have hops:)

One sad day in May Bubba's lizard Steve died:( Not sure exactly what happened but I do know we tried everything to help him, even a trip to the vet, antibiotics & special food that had to be force fed by mouth every few hours. But after a short grieving period, Spencer was ready to jump back into the lizard owning world & Hank came along! He's a bearded dragon & so far seems to be very healthy.

Bubba's lacrosse season was very busy this year. He was on his rec team & a select team (sort of like all stars). With both teams, he had only one evening a week free. Six nights of lacrosse is quite a bit:) Their rec team stomped almost everyone they played but their select team struggled with their small size! There were some boys who easily outweighed Bubba by 75-100 pounds & that's pretty intimidating. The big end of the year tournament was in Seattle this year & Bubba loved traveling because of him! He saw Sis & I go away for weekend tournaments but this one was all about him. We stayed in a great hotel, the boys got to swim, and we ate so many yummy burgers I think I gained at least 10 pounds! He is already signed up for a few camps this summer to stay involved since this seems to be his favorite sport.

The last day of school! What a great year they both had! We celebrated with dinner out & look forward to sleeping in a little:)

Not only was it the last day of school, it was also Bubba's last day of elementary school! That's right, he's on to middle school in the fall. We have mixed feelings about that but he will be fine as long as he continues to be the individual he is & stays true to himself!

With my milestone 40th birthday & the start of summer vacation & with our hearts mended from the loss of Isabella we were finally ready to open our home to another dog! We spent months discussing breeds & came to the conclusion that a Saint Bernard would be perfect! We love the big breed dogs & think that Saint Bernards are amazing. So here's Mollie! She's just 7 weeks old and came from Sacramento. G & I drove to Yreka (half way) just last Saturday to pick her up! We have all fallen in love with her very quickly!

No comments: