Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Baking?

Taking the summer off work brings both good and bad feelings into my head. The good: playing with the kids, park days, getting things done around the house, sewing fun bags, scrapbooking & baking. All those things are great. I love spending the summer at home with the kids. The bad: listening to the kids argue because they have been together all day, "I'm bored!" in a whiny, shrill kind of tone, no paycheck & cooking more. So, taking a step back and surveying the situation, I've got it pretty good. Besides, the kids are not going to be around forever (except for Spencer who says he's going to live in a motor home along side our house FOREVER)! To keep myself busy I have been baking a ton. So far, yummy smells from my oven are from: cupcakes, two kinds of bread, a cheesecake for G for Daddy's Day, and today's special bagels from scratch (need to work on these a bit, rise baby, rise)!

No comments: