Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May 13th

Sideways again, BUT WHY? Oh someone please help me out. What am I doing wrong?

There is a funny story behind our old mattress that I just have to pass on to you! Almost 13 years ago when Lexi was born we lived in Alabama. A few weeks after she was born my in-laws came down to meet their first grandchild. Being the poor, military kids we were, we had one queen bed, a twin & a crib. When they came down, G & I decided to let them sleep in our room. We squeezed together on the twin while they stayed. Our queen mattress was one of those mattresses that if more than one person slept on the bed, both of you rolled to the middle. We didn't really care, we were young & that's what we had.
The second day my in-laws were visiting G & his Dad went out golfing and came home with a new mattress & box spring in the back of the truck! Guess that would have been one way to keep our visitor's stay short, but these were first time grandparents and they were staying with us, even if it meant they had to go buy us a new mattress to sleep on! Thanks Mom & Dad for the mattress but now it's time for a new one!

No comments: