Pages

Monday, May 18, 2009

May 18th


This is a very special page for me. The picture was taken on Christmas Day. G had shoveled the walk in preperation for my parents arrival. My parents have spent Christmas breakfast with us every years since we have been back in Oregon, 11 years. It is truely one of my favorite times at Christmas. My parents called that morning and told me that they couldn't get out of their road because of the snow & ice. I was so sad & yes I did shed a couple tears. It just seemed to me that is wasn't Christmas morning without my parents there to share it with.


We ended up getting together the day after Christmas at my parent's house and had pizza & exchanged gifts. But to me it just didn't seem right. My Dad gave me a poem that night after Christmas, and yes I cried! I don't know if you can read the words or not but it basically told me that it didn't matter what day we celebrated Christmas (there was more to it than that but that was the jist)! My parents are great & they do so much for us. That poem was just what I needed! Thanks Dad!

No comments: